Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful

 This month was such a beautiful month.  Me and my kids went up to Idaho and I got to witness Emmit being sealed to my sister and her husband. It was a beautiful day. Feeling the spirit as I sat with my family in the Sealing Room made my heart so happy. I missed Sharla and Justins sealing, so it was WONDERFUL to share this day with them and be worthy to be in the Temple. I am grateful for temples and for the opportunity I will have to go with Brian in the next couple years.

The next day in Idaho after going to Maverik's baby blessing. I stayed at my moms with my kids and my brother Everett&Kailey and their cuties to hang out, while my mom and sister went to Relief Society. We were sitting and laughing in the living room when someone started pounding on the door and yelling at us all to get out and that there was a fire.  We got the kids out and they watched as the side of the house went up in flames. 
My heart still aches as I remember my mom running across from church to see her house on fire. Of course her first words were "Is everyone ok and safe?" After the fire was put out my dad had us all gather in Eli's house and he offered the most beautiful prayer uttered. One of thanks, gratitude, and love of our Savior and His Atonement.  He spoke of how worldly possessions were nothing to him and he had those things that were more precious than anything the world could buy...his family. I can't help but cry and feel that sweet spirit testify to me again of that truth. I am so grateful for the testimony my parents have helped me gain and for their continued faith and patience in all they face.


 After reading my sister Becca's Soap Box on after school snacks I decided to start it also. It has been a fun time for us to sit down and take 15 minutes to talk and laugh and then get going on Piano practice, homework, and reading. Now when I pick them up from school they guess the whole way home what the snack will be. :O)  I am excited to finally start it with Syd and Haylee since they'll be home Fridays after school instead of soccer and piano. I am so thankful to be reminded to SLOW down and BE with my kids.
Bethy made "The Temple without Moroni."

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR GODS BEAUTIFUL EARTH & CREATIONS!!!  Brian & I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our little Beth. We got to be with both his parents one for lunch and one for dinner. It was perfect!  With the other kids off having fun at their other parents we decided to take a drive up Scare Canyon where his dad owns some land and get fire wood.
 I told Beth on the way up to pray mommy could see some Moose because I LOVE MOOSE!  I think they are the most gorgeous, cute, and (from Brother Bear) funniest animal alive. :O)
 I felt so lucky to witness such a beautiful animal. Brian ran 100 yards out into a field to get this shot which he was only 100 yards from the Moose...NOT SO SMART! But totally worth it since he didn't get trampled.

I love November. I love reading Facebook and seeing how many people really try to focus on gratitude.  I am thankful for my Savior. I am thankful for the wonderful area I live in, for the opportunity to be a mom and wife. I can't express in words how grateful I am for my husband and the man he is and has become. I have such wonderful uplifting friends. Those who constantly help me stand and remember who I am. I am excited for December to focus on having a Christ-centered home and feeling His spirit more in our home! 
SO THANKFUL TO BE ME!!!!  ~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment