Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happiness...and the DAILY dilema

 Searching...searching....searching?! Always Searching! Does anyone else find themselves constantly searching?  I had been stuck in this place for the last couple weeks and I came across this quote a couple days ago....
 (I forgot the y in the first everything...ooopsy as you can tell, or my Sister Becca would tell you, I am no English major... oh well!)

Hmmm...Happy people just make the best of everything! I am sure all of us know this & at times have been able to realize it because it is how we were living. Luckily we have each day to try again, each day to do better, each day to plead with the Lord for strength to live a happier more grateful life.

This month I was gave into the pressure of outside influences on so many sides and found myself in
"I don't deserve," "I am not worth," & "I will never overcome." And as I listened to a couple of you tell me how you feel this same way and overwhelmed with the world and mean people...I prayed to help us all find answers. This quote is our answer and we have to start to ALWAYS try and see the good, and be happy no matter what. It doesn't mean we're perfect, it doesn't mean we don't have trials...it doesn't mean we don't struggle....but we have a choice to be happy regardless of opposing forces who would have me believe otherwise.  
You and I are a Daughter of God, we have the beautiful opportunity to use the Atonement daily.
 (Our little Young Women Group~who I LOVE!)

So to my YOUNG WOMEN, and those I love, I share a small testimony of something I have learned to believe myself.  No matter your circumstances, whether you caused the situation or someone else's choices effect you...YOU HAVE A CHOICE! You can choose happiness or you can choose misery. I know it's easier said than done, but I know the power of the Atonement works for both, and how beautiful the Lords Plan is! You all have the opportunity to be Kind NO MATTER WHAT! And that is who the Lord wants us to be, and that is who I will continue to strive to become 
( I have ALONG way to go :O)


Elder Boyd K Packer said..."To earn forgiveness, one must make restitution. That means you give back what you have taken or ease the pain of those you have injured. But sometimes you cannot give back what you have taken because you don’t have it to give. If you have caused others to suffer unbearably—defiled someone’s virtue, for example—it is not within your power to give it back.
There are times you cannot mend that which you have broken. Perhaps the offense was long ago, or the injured refused your penance. Perhaps the damage was so severe that you cannot fix it no matter how desperately you want to. Your repentance cannot be accepted unless there is a restitution. If you cannot undo what you have done, you are trapped. It is easy to understand how helpless and hopeless you then feel and why you might want to give up, just as Alma did. The thought that rescued Alma, when he acted upon it, is this: Restoring what you cannot restore, healing the wound you cannot heal, fixing that which you broke and you cannot fix is the very purpose of the atonement of Christ.
When your desire is firm and you are willing to pay the “uttermost farthing,”  the law of restitution is suspended. Your obligation is transferred to the Lord. He will settle your accounts.  (we are so lucky) I repeat, save for the exception of the very few who defect to perdition, there is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostasy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the atonement of Christ." 

I loved reading this and knowing and feeling hope in Christ!

MAKE the Temple your goal! And remember.....
 STAND! Be WHO the Lord NEEDS you to be! Love ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment